- 3 lb. spaghetti squash
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 oz. crumbled feta
- Using a large serrated knife, halve spaghetti squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place both halves cut side down on a large piece of parchment paper, and microwave on high until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes. Use a fork to shred squash strands, and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss onion, lemon juice, and a pinch each salt and pepper.
In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and chopped garlic until beginning to turn golden brown. Add chickpeas; cook for 2 minutes. Toss with spaghetti squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fold in parsley and onion (and juices). Top with crumbled feta.